Ripe bananas get wonderfully caramelized in the oven in this recipe, without the need for frying or using a kitchen torch. The not-so-secret ingredient in this dish is coconut oil, which is rich in lauric acid and gives the bananas a tropical flavor—great for those experiencing treatment-related taste changes. And the ripe bananas + Greek yogurt are easily mashable if you need a soft, easy-to-swallow meal due to mouth sores.
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil*
- 6 ripe bananas
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- 6 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- Position oven rack toward top of oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour melted coconut oil into shallow bowl or plate.
- Peel bananas. Carefully cut them in half lengthwise. Roll them in oil until well coated and lay them cut-side down onto prepared baking sheet. Brush them with any remaining oil and grate a little nutmeg over them, if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn bananas carefully with spatula and return to oven for another 10 minutes or until they’re golden with caramelized edges. Carefully lift them from baking sheet and serve 2 slices with a tablespoon of Greek yogurt.
- Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, so 10 minutes before you need it, put the jar in a bowl of hot water to liquify.
Recipe in partnership with Cook for Your Life.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.