Blended with bananas, almond milk and coconut milk, this tea is almost like a rich chai latte. With ginger and honey to soothe your throat and stomach, it’s the perfect drink to sip if you are experiencing nausea or on a bland diet. It’s also better than water if you are trying to squeeze in a few extra calories. Best served fresh and hot and excellent for a cold winter day. If you’re making it just for yourself, feel free to cut the recipe in half.
- 4 cups water
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large ripe bananas, diced
- In small pot over medium heat, bring water to a simmer. Add tea bags and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until tea is dark brown.
- Add almond milk, coconut milk, ginger, honey and vanilla extract to tea and stir until well combined. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add bananas to tea mixture and puree with an immersion blender.* Serve warm.
*If you do not have an immersion blender, allow the tea to cool slightly before adding it to a standard blender. When blending hot liquids in a blender, it’s best to only fill the blender halfway and to hold the lid down with a towel in case the steam causes the lid to pop off.
Recipe in partnership with Cook for Your Life
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.