Satisfy your sweet tooth with this fun no-bake “cake” the whole family will enjoy. Fresh summer watermelon makes for a sturdy base and is rich in vitamins C and A, and boasts plenty of cancer-fighting phytochemicals. Protein-packed Greek yogurt, with cream cheese and a little whipped cream, creates a sweet and tangy frosting. See our step by step directions to create and assemble the watermelon cake.
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 12 oz. plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. medium seedless watermelon, well-chilled
- Blackberries, kiwi slices, red raspberries, for garnish
- In small mixing bowl, add whipping cream and chill in refrigerator for about 10 to 20 minutes. (Cream is easier to whip when cold.) Meanwhile, in medium mixing bowl, mix together yogurt and cream cheese.
- When cream is chilled, add sugar to cream and whip with whisk or electric mixer until moderately stiff peaks form. (Be careful not to overbeat, as too much whipping will turn cream to butter.) Add whipped cream and lemon juice to yogurt/cheese mixture. Chill.
- Slice off both ends to make a flat top and bottom on your melon. Set melon on one flat end and carve rind off sides to make a round, cake-shaped melon.
- Place melon cake on serving plate and frost top and sides with chilled icing. Decorate with fruit on top and around the bottom. Keep well chilled until serving.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.