Satisfy your sweet tooth with this fun no-bake “cake” the whole family will enjoy. Fresh summer watermelon makes a sturdy base and is rich in vitamin C and carotenoids that offer cancer-protective potential. “Frost” with a sweet and tangy frosting with protein- packed Greek yogurt mixed with a small amount of cream cheese and a little whipped cream. Or show off the rich red melon color and serve without frosting.
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 12 oz. plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. medium seedless watermelon, well-chilled
- Blackberries, kiwi slices, red raspberries, for garnish
- 1. Pour whipping cream in small mixing bowl and chill in refrigerator for about 10 to 20 minutes. (Cream is easier to whip when cold.) Meanwhile, in medium mixing bowl, mix together yogurt and cream cheese. Set Aside.
- 2. When cream is chilled, add sugar to cream and whip with whisk or electric mixer until moderately stiff peaks form. (Be careful not to overbeat because too much whipping will turn cream to butter.) Add whipped cream and lemon juice to yogurt/cheese mixture. Chill.
- 3. Slice off both watermelon ends to make a flat top and bottom. Set melon on one flat end and carve rind off sides to make a round, cake-shaped watermelon.
- 4. Place watermelon cake on serving plate and frost top and sides with chilled icing. Decorate with fruit on top and around the bottom. Keep well chilled until serving.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.