If you are looking for a warm, comforting and healthy dessert look no further—this delicious pear crisp is a great option. Pears are a great source of fiber and vitamin C and even provide some potassium, which make them a great addition to your diet. This recipe also offers whole grains and added fiber from the oats along with omega-3 fatty acids from the walnuts.
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp. canola oil
- 6 firm, yet ripe, pears, peeled (if desired), cored and cubed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 8- inch baking dish and set aside.
- In food processor, pulse oats and walnuts 15 seconds. Add 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pulse 15 more seconds. While running, drizzle oil and blend 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, toss pears with remaining ingredients. Spoon pears into prepared baking dish. Cover with oat mixture, pressing down gently.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until topping is brown and pears are bubbling. Serve hot.
When serving top with yogurt, if desired.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.