Satisfy your sweet tooth with this unique chocolate mousse, packed with flavor and some surprising healthy foods: avocado and Medjool dates. Avocado is high in fiber and heart-healthy omega-3 fats while Medjool dates have more fiber, calcium and potassium. Their natural sweetness combined with light and creamy coconut milk blends into the perfect healthy dessert.
- 8-10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk, canned + 1/4 cup water
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Chop the dates into small pieces.
- Add chopped dates, coconut milk, and water into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado, melted chocolate chips, and cocoa powder. Blend again until creamy.
- Pour into four small ramekins or bowls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1-3 hours (or even overnight).
Option to garnish with raspberries, chopped nuts or a sprinkle of Himalayan sea salt.
If you're interested in becoming a corporate sponsor please contact our Corporate and Foundations Relations Department at email@example.com. All AICR Healthy Recipes meet AICR recipe guidelines and are reviewed and analyzed by AICR Registered Dietitians.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.