Getting your daily recommended amount of vegetables can be hard, especially when appetite is low and meeting your caloric demand takes precedence. Cumin, chili powder and the caramelization from roasting the cauliflower all have strong flavor profiles perfect for someone with taste changes or reduced taste sensation.
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4” cubes
- 8 corn tortillas, 6”
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded, divided
- 1 avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and 4 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Toss chickpeas in half the oil spice mixture and toss cauliflower with the other half of oil spice mixture.
- Roast each on separate baking sheets until crispy (about 30 minutes).
- While chickpeas and cauliflower are in oven, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil in pan and Sauté zucchini until tender.
- Warm tortillas in oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Assemble tacos: 1 tortilla, 1/4 cup shredded cabbage, 1/4 cup chickpeas, 1/4 cup cauliflower, and 1 Tbps. avocado.
For additional calories, try adding Lime Crema: Combine 6 oz. plain, full fat Greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 2 tsp. minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.