Fresh autumn apples, warm cinnamon spice and the natural sweetness of Medjool dates are all it takes to make these simple, natural fruit snacks. Snacking is a great way to add a variety of healthy plant foods to your diet, throughout the day. These fruit leathers are rich in fiber and contain quercetin, a flavonoid with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Place chopped apples in a medium saucepan with water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add pitted date and cinnamon and mash. Cover and cook another 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Place mixture in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat and spread with a spatula into a thin layer.
- Bake at 175-200° (as low as your oven will go) for 2-3 hours or until it's tacky but doesn't stick to your finger.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.