Breakfast is a wonderful meal—regardless of the time of day you choose to eat it. The apples (with their peels) and the oats are great sources of fiber. The tahini provides protein to keep you full longer, plus more vitamins and minerals. This salty-sweet, dairy-free porridge is great if you’re experiencing constipation, as it will get things moving. It’s also gentle on your system when you’re feeling queasy from treatment.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 medium apples, cored and cut into small dice (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Pour water into medium pot and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, add rolled oats, salt and apples and turn heat down to simmer. Cook until oats and apples are soft, about 10 minutes. Oatmeal should be thick, and water should be absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tahini and serve immediately.
- For extra protein, add a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Recipe in partnership with Cook for Your Life
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
This recipe was specially crafted to support cancer prevention and survival. It adheres to AICR's Cancer Prevention Recommendations. Learn more about our recipe guidelines.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.