This sweet and simple recipe combines fiber-rich whole rolled oats, creamy nut butter and heart healthy flaxseed rich in omega-3 fatty acids. A delicious hybrid between a cookie and a bar, these bites will satisfy your sweet tooth and any mid-afternoon hunger.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini unsweetened chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients including chocolate chips in large bowl. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop dough into 24 even mounds on greased baking sheet. Lightly press down to flatten (cookies will not flatten much during cooking). Or pour batter into greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake 12-15 minute, until cookies are set in the center.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
Best replacement recipe for cookies.
Tried out this new recipe for me and my daughters. We all loved it.