This easy-to-make granola is a delicious combo of healthy oats, crunchy walnuts, and a touch of maple syrup. Oats contain cancer-preventing fiber and essential minerals and vitamins, while walnuts are rich in polyphenols and packed with antioxidants. Make this granola to have an easy, on-the-go breakfast or snack on hand.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chopped English walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, walnuts, cinnamon and salt. In separate bowl whisk together maple syrup, oil and vanilla. Add to oat mixture, stirring well to coat.
- On large baking sheet, evenly spread mixture. Bake 30 minutes. Remove tray from oven and stir granola, breaking up any lumps. Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
This granola is great on its own, with milk or yogurt and fresh fruit.
If you're interested in becoming a corporate sponsor please contact our Corporate and Foundations Relations Department at [email protected]. All AICR Healthy Recipes meet AICR recipe guidelines and are reviewed and analyzed by AICR Registered Dietitians.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
This is wonderful!
So much better than from a box.