Enjoy the flavor and texture of these delicious pumpkin fritters. They are rich in vitamin A and fiber, both of which support a healthy immune system. Farro offers a type of fiber to help regulate bowl movements, which is helpful for those with constipation. These fritters can also help if you are experiencing taste changes due to the flavor enhancing spices used in this recipe.
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 cup cooked farro
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil.
- Heat oil in large skillet at medium-high heat.
- Scoop ¼ cup portions into skillet, pressing down gently to form flat round shape; cook 4-5 minutes until edges start to brown and rise from pan. Flip and cook another 4-5 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- You may need additional flour when combining ingredients. Aim for brownie batter consistency.
- For those experiencing weight loss and need a calorie boost you can make a dip using equal parts mayonnaise, plain Greek yogurt and blue cheese crumbles.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.