Karen CollinsPress Registration
AICR's HealthTalk is a weekly column by Karen Collins, MS, RDN, CDN, FAND, discussing the latest hot topics in the field of diet, nutrition and cancer. This is an archive of those articles.
All AICR press materials, including these columns, are free for use in newspapers, magazines and other media outlets, and may be used without additional permission.
Please credit the American Institute for Cancer Research as the source and, for online use, link to aicr.org.
Latest Health Talk articles
- April 27, 2015 What Do We Know About Yoga Health Benefits
- April 20, 2015 How to Choose Foods that are Less Processed
- April 13, 2015 How To Manage an Afternoon Energy Slump
- April 6, 2015 Nutrition Recommendations, Red Meat and Saturated Fat
- March 30, 2015 Explaining Types of Fiber
- March 23, 2015 Appropriate Weight Amount for Strength Training
- March 16, 2015 Improve Eating Habits with a Food Record
- March 9, 2015 Rye Bread and Whole Grains
- March 2, 2015 Sugar Content and 100% Juice
- February 23, 2015 Sedentary Behavior, Health and Exercise
- February 16, 2015 Vinegar and Blood Sugar
- February 9, 2015 Standard Drink Size for Liqueurs
- February 2, 2015 Soup for Weight Loss
- January 26, 2015 Can Eating Salads Help Me Lose Weight?
- January 19, 2015 Warm Up and Stretch Before Exercise
- January 12, 2015 Nutritional Value of Winter Squash and Sweet Potatoes
- January 5, 2015 Colon Cleanses and Cancer
- December 29, 2014 Calories in Popular Chai Beverages
- December 22, 2014 Serving Size for Juices
- December 15, 2014 Nutritional Value of Beets
- December 8, 2014 Physical Activity and Colds
- December 1, 2014 Tips for Making Healthy Choices at Buffets
- November 24, 2014 Pies and Calories
- November 17, 2014 Exercise to Reduce High Blood Pressure
- November 10, 2014 Mushrooms as a Meat Alternative
- November 3, 2014 What are Chia Seeds and Will They Help Me Lose Weight?
- October 27, 2014 Getting the Right Size Portions
- October 20, 2014 Cruciferous Vegetables and Their Health Benefits
- October 13, 2014 The Differences Between Cider and Apple Juice
- October 6, 2014 Weight Loss and Exercise
- September 29, 2014 Will Smoothies Help with Weight Loss?
- September 22, 2014 Accuracy of Calories Burned Information on Exercise Equipment.
- September 15, 2014 Do Vegetarian Meals Need to Include Foods with Complementary Proteins?
- September 8, 2014 Losing Weight with a Balanced Approach
- September 1, 2014 Do Coffee Preparation Methods Affect Cancer Risk?
- August 25, 2014 Comparing plant-based milks to cow's milk.
- August 18, 2014 Can Weight Loss Help Urinary Incontinence?
- August 11, 2014 Ideas for including beans in summer meals.
- August 4, 2014 How can I get more active while taking care of my children?
- July 28, 2014 Getting Physically Activity When You're Tired
- July 21, 2014 Tips for Ripening and Using Avocados
- July 14, 2014 Eating Small Snacks or One Breakfast for Weight Loss
- July 7, 2014 Do Foods or Nutrients Protect Skin from Sun Damage?
- June 30, 2014 Sleep and Weight Loss
- June 23, 2014 Processed Meats and Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- June 16, 2014 Effectiveness of Spot Reducing
- June 9, 2014 Grapefruit and Breast Cancer Risk
- June 2, 2014 Nutritional Value of Homemade Hummus vs. Commercial Hummus
- May 26, 2014 What Are Good Tortilla Choices?
- May 19, 2014 Interval Training and Exercise Recommendations
Archived Health Talk articles
Published on December 18, 2014