Karen CollinsPress Registration
AICR's HealthTalk, is a weekly column by Karen Collins, MS, RD, CDN, discussing the latest hot topics in the field of diet, nutrition and cancer. This is an archive of those articles.
All AICR press materials, including these columns, are free for use in newspapers, magazines and other publications, and may be used without additional permission.
Please credit the American Institute for Cancer Research as the source.
Latest Health Talk articles
- May 26, 2014 What Are Good Tortilla Choices?
- May 19, 2014 Interval Training and Exercise Recommendations
- May 12, 2014 Low-Fat Diets and Weight Loss
- May 5, 2014 How Much Soy is Added to Bars and Cereals
- April 28, 2014 Using Pedometers to Become More Active
- April 21, 2014 Whole Grain Foods and Sodium Content
- April 14, 2014 How to Use Quinoa
- April 7, 2014 Vegetarian Diet for Weight Loss
- March 31, 2014 Getting Enough Calcium with Plant-Based Diet
- March 24, 2014 Meaning of Other Carbohydrates Listed on Nutrition Label
- March 17, 2014 Stopping Exercise and Losing Fitness
- March 10, 2014 Flavoring Healthy Foods without Adding Lots of Calories
- March 3, 2014 Wine Glasses and Serving Size
- February 24, 2014 Importance of Magnesium and Food Sources
- February 17, 2014 Tai Chi and Health Benefits
- February 10, 2014 Late Night Eating and Weight Gain
- February 3, 2014 Popularity of Kale in Recipes and Health Articles
- January 27, 2014 Eating a Variety of Colorful Vegetables
- January 20, 2014 What is moderate physical activity?
- January 13, 2014 How much nutrition do I lose by using frozen spinach instead of fresh?
- January 6, 2014 How to Manage Hunger to Avoid Overeating
- December 30, 2013 Alcohol and Blood Pressure
- December 23, 2013 Mushrooms and Vitamin D
- December 16, 2013 Overeating at Family Gatherings
- December 9, 2013 Nutrients in Mandarin Oranges
- December 2, 2013 Elastic Bands and Strength Training
- November 25, 2013 Exercise and Arthritis of the Knees
- November 18, 2013 Dietary Fat and Vitamin D Absorption
- November 11, 2013 Differences Between Winter Squash Varieties
- November 4, 2013 Weight loss amount and health benefits
- October 28, 2013 Do coffee and other sources of caffeine reduce risk of type 2 diabetes?
- October 21, 2013 Are brown eggs more nutritious than regular white eggs?
- October 14, 2013 How can I include my bicycling into my daily step count?
- October 7, 2013 Do sports drinks and diet soda cause erosion of tooth enamel?
- September 30, 2013 Potassium and the Nutrition Facts Panel
- September 23, 2013 Can You Have Too Much Body Fat Even if Weight is Normal?
- September 16, 2013 How Short Walking Breaks Help Health
- September 9, 2013 Splurging on Weekends while Trying to Lose Weight
- September 2, 2013 Differences Between Types of Avocados
- August 26, 2013 AGE Compounds in Cooked Meats
- August 19, 2013 Bodyweight Strength Training
- August 12, 2013 Minimally Processed Foods Defined
- August 5, 2013 Drinking Water and Weight Loss
- July 29, 2013 Watermelon and Lycopene
- July 22, 2013 Amount and Timing of Sugar Consumption and Health
- July 15, 2013 Losing Weight and Chronic Diseases
- July 8, 2013 Plantar Fasciitis and Exercise
- July 1, 2013 Genetic and Lifestyle Influences on Breast Cancer Risk
- June 24, 2013 Slowing metabolism in aging and weight gain
- June 17, 2013 Antioxidants in cocoa and chocolate milk
Archived Health Talk articles
Published on December 16, 2013