Karen CollinsPress Registration
AICR's HealthTalk, is a weekly column by Karen Collins, MS, RD, CDN, discussing the latest hot topics in the field of diet, nutrition and cancer. This is an archive of those articles.
All AICR press materials, including these columns, are free for use in newspapers, magazines and other publications, and may be used without additional permission.
Please credit the American Institute for Cancer Research as the source.
Latest Health Talk articles
- December 30, 2013 Alcohol and Blood Pressure
- December 23, 2013 Mushrooms and Vitamin D
- December 16, 2013 Overeating at Family Gatherings
- December 9, 2013 Nutrients in Mandarin Oranges
- December 2, 2013 Elastic Bands and Strength Training
- November 25, 2013 Exercise and Arthritis of the Knees
- November 18, 2013 Dietary Fat and Vitamin D Absorption
- November 11, 2013 Differences Between Winter Squash Varieties
- November 4, 2013 Weight loss amount and health benefits
- October 28, 2013 Do coffee and other sources of caffeine reduce risk of type 2 diabetes?
- October 21, 2013 Are brown eggs more nutritious than regular white eggs?
- October 14, 2013 How can I include my bicycling into my daily step count?
- October 7, 2013 Do sports drinks and diet soda cause erosion of tooth enamel?
- September 30, 2013 Potassium and the Nutrition Facts Panel
- September 23, 2013 Can You Have Too Much Body Fat Even if Weight is Normal?
- September 16, 2013 How Short Walking Breaks Help Health
- September 9, 2013 Splurging on Weekends while Trying to Lose Weight
- September 2, 2013 Differences Between Types of Avocados
- August 26, 2013 AGE Compounds in Cooked Meats
- August 19, 2013 Bodyweight Strength Training
- August 12, 2013 Minimally Processed Foods Defined
- August 5, 2013 Drinking Water and Weight Loss
- July 29, 2013 Watermelon and Lycopene
- July 22, 2013 Amount and Timing of Sugar Consumption and Health
- July 15, 2013 Losing Weight and Chronic Diseases
- July 8, 2013 Plantar Fasciitis and Exercise
- July 1, 2013 Genetic and Lifestyle Influences on Breast Cancer Risk
- June 24, 2013 Slowing metabolism in aging and weight gain
- June 17, 2013 Antioxidants in cocoa and chocolate milk
- June 10, 2013 High Triglycerides and Dietary Fat
- June 3, 2013 Strawberries and antioxidants
- May 27, 2013 Cod Liver Oil as Source of Vitamin D and Omega-3 Fats
- May 20, 2013 The Difference Between Kefir and Yogurt.
- May 13, 2013 Making progress with your strength training routine.
- May 6, 2013 What it means to eat a plant-based diet.
- April 29, 2013 Vegetables and breast cancer risk
- April 22, 2013 Are there advantages to stevia sweeteners?
- April 15, 2013 Role of gluten-free or lactose-free diet in cancer risk
- April 8, 2013 How to get and stay physically active
- April 1, 2013 Making a healthful salad at the salad bar.
- March 25, 2013 Ground meat and processed meat
- March 18, 2013 Three meals vs grazing for weight loss
- March 11, 2013 How to Use Edamame
- March 4, 2013 Green Tea and Cancer Risk
- February 25, 2013 Calories in Movie Theater Popcorn
- February 18, 2013 Sports Drinks vs. Energy Drinks
- February 11, 2013 Dark Green and Orange Vegetables and Vitamin A
- February 4, 2013 Eating Fruit with Other Foods
- January 28, 2013 Health Benefits of Yoga
- January 21, 2013 Differences Between Types of Olive Oil
Archived Health Talk articles
Published on December 11, 2012