Karen CollinsPress Registration
AICR's HealthTalk, is a weekly column by Karen Collins, MS, RD, CDN, FAND, discussing the latest hot topics in the field of diet, nutrition and cancer. This is an archive of those articles.
All AICR press materials, including these columns, are free for use in newspapers, magazines and other publications, and may be used without additional permission.
Please credit the American Institute for Cancer Research as the source.
Latest Health Talk articles
- September 29, 2014 Will Smoothies Help with Weight Loss?
- September 22, 2014 Accuracy of Calories Burned Information on Exercise Equipment.
- September 15, 2014 Do Vegetarian Meals Need to Include Foods with Complementary Proteins?
- September 8, 2014 Losing Weight with a Balanced Approach
- September 1, 2014 Do Coffee Preparation Methods Affect Cancer Risk?
- August 25, 2014 Comparing plant-based milks to cow's milk.
- August 18, 2014 Can Weight Loss Help Urinary Incontinence?
- August 11, 2014 Ideas for including beans in summer meals.
- August 4, 2014 How can I get more active while taking care of my children?
- July 28, 2014 Getting Physically Activity When You're Tired
- July 21, 2014 Tips for Ripening and Using Avocados
- July 14, 2014 Eating Small Snacks or One Breakfast for Weight Loss
- July 7, 2014 Do Foods or Nutrients Protect Skin from Sun Damage?
- June 30, 2014 Sleep and Weight Loss
- June 23, 2014 Processed Meats and Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- June 16, 2014 Effectiveness of Spot Reducing
- June 9, 2014 Grapefruit and Breast Cancer Risk
- June 2, 2014 Nutritional Value of Homemade Hummus vs. Commercial Hummus
- May 26, 2014 What Are Good Tortilla Choices?
- May 19, 2014 Interval Training and Exercise Recommendations
- May 12, 2014 Low-Fat Diets and Weight Loss
- May 5, 2014 How Much Soy is Added to Bars and Cereals
- April 28, 2014 Using Pedometers to Become More Active
- April 21, 2014 Whole Grain Foods and Sodium Content
- April 14, 2014 How to Use Quinoa
- April 7, 2014 Vegetarian Diet for Weight Loss
- March 31, 2014 Getting Enough Calcium with Plant-Based Diet
- March 24, 2014 Meaning of Other Carbohydrates Listed on Nutrition Label
- March 17, 2014 Stopping Exercise and Losing Fitness
- March 10, 2014 Flavoring Healthy Foods without Adding Lots of Calories
- March 3, 2014 Wine Glasses and Serving Size
- February 24, 2014 Importance of Magnesium and Food Sources
- February 17, 2014 Tai Chi and Health Benefits
- February 10, 2014 Late Night Eating and Weight Gain
- February 3, 2014 Popularity of Kale in Recipes and Health Articles
- January 27, 2014 Eating a Variety of Colorful Vegetables
- January 20, 2014 What is moderate physical activity?
- January 13, 2014 How much nutrition do I lose by using frozen spinach instead of fresh?
- January 6, 2014 How to Manage Hunger to Avoid Overeating
- December 30, 2013 Alcohol and Blood Pressure
- December 23, 2013 Mushrooms and Vitamin D
- December 16, 2013 Overeating at Family Gatherings
- December 9, 2013 Nutrients in Mandarin Oranges
- December 2, 2013 Elastic Bands and Strength Training
- November 25, 2013 Exercise and Arthritis of the Knees
- November 18, 2013 Dietary Fat and Vitamin D Absorption
- November 11, 2013 Differences Between Winter Squash Varieties
- November 4, 2013 Weight loss amount and health benefits
- October 28, 2013 Do coffee and other sources of caffeine reduce risk of type 2 diabetes?
- October 21, 2013 Are brown eggs more nutritious than regular white eggs?
Archived Health Talk articles
Published on July 14, 2014