AICR Research Conference
AICR Annual Research Conference
About the Conference:
The Annual Research Conference is a unique forum that brings together researchers and clinicians for a three-day program that is dedicated to increasing knowledge, stimulating research and promoting prevention and treatment of cancer through nutrition, physical activity and weight management.
Who Should Attend:
Basic scientists, clinical investigators, epidemiologists, dietitians, nutritionists, policy makers and other health professionals interested in food, nutrition, physical activity and weight management in relation to cancer.
Visit the 2013 Conference Archives to view highlights from last year's conference.
Don't forget to sign up for updates.
|September 5||Scholarship Applications Due|
|September 5||Poster Abstract Submissions Due|
|September 26||Poster Presenter Registration Closes|
|September 26||Early Bird Registration Closes|
|October 1||Conference Hotel Block Closes|
Published on April 3, 2014
Program and Posters
Scientific Program Committee
AICR is honored that the following individuals have agreed to serve on the 2014 Scientific Program Committee:
|Cheryl L. Rock, PhD, RD (Chair)||University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine|
|Elisa V. Bandera, MD, PhD||Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey|
|John W. Erdman, Jr., PhD||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Christine Friedenreich, PhD||Alberta Health Services – CancerControl Alberta|
|Susan Higginbotham, PhD, RD||American Institute for Cancer Research|
|Joel B. Mason, MD||Tufts University Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging|
|Sharon A. Ross, PhD, MPH||National Cancer Institute|
|Cynthia Thomson, PhD, RD, CSO||University of Arizona|
Session topics coming soon.
Chairs and Speakers
Check back soon to learn more about the 2014 conference chairs and speakers.
To view speaker biographies and presentations from our past conferences, please visit our conference archives:
How to Register
Registration is expected to open in late spring. Please check back soon for registration rates and instructions.
- Admission to the conference sessions
- Continental breakfasts, refreshment breaks, lunches, networking and poster receptions
- Delegate bag, including the program and abstract book
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Continuing Professional Education (CPE) units (pending)
Certificate of Attendance
A certificate of attendance will be available on request for all registered participants.
Passport and Visa Information
Delegates are responsible for obtaining the required travel documents for entry into the United States. Depending on your nationality, you may need a valid passport with a visa to enter the United States. Delegates are encouraged to contact the United States embassy closest to them for up-to-date travel guidelines.
Invitation letters to assist with visa applications for the United States can be provided once the following information has been submitted:
- Proof of payment of fees
- Full name
- Work and home address
- Date of birth
- Passport number
If you require an invitation letter please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visa applications are not the responsibility of AICR. Delegates are encouraged to submit their applications to the appropriate embassy well in advance of the conference.
Hotel and Travel
About the Hotel
The 2014 AICR Annual Research Conference will be held at the Capital Hilton, conveniently located near the center of the Nation's Capital. The hotel is located just a few blocks from three different Metro stations.
The Capital Hilton
1001 16th Street, NW
Washington DC, 20036
A block of rooms has been reserved for conference participants at the Capital Hilton. Please check back soon for more information on rates and how to make your reservations under the group block.
The Capital Hilton is located a few blocks from three different Metro Stations:
- Farragut North (Red Line)
Walk south on 16th St. Turn right at K St. Walk two blocks to Connecticut Ave. and turn right. The stop is between K and L Streets.
- Farragut West (Blue & Orange Lines)
Walk south on 16th St. Turn right at I St. The stop is two blocks away on the west side of Farragut Square on 17th St.
- McPherson Square (Blue & Orange Lines)
Walk south on 16th St. Turn left at I St. The stop is two blocks away at 15th St.
If you take the train to Union Station you can take a taxi to the hotel or you can follow the directions for the Red Line on Metro above, in the direction of Shady Grove.
The hotel is conveniently located near three major airports.
- Reagan National Airport (DCA) is the closest to the hotel and taxi fares are approximately $20 one-way. You can also take the Blue Line metro from the airport to the Farragut North or McPherson Square stops (see above for directions from the metro stops to the hotel).
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is located about 50 minutes away. Taxi fares are approximately $60 one-way.
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is located about an hour away. Taxi fares are approximately $65 one-way. If you arrive or depart on a week-day, you can also take the MARC train from BWI to Union Station, and then take the metro to the hotel.
For media questions about the AICR Research Conference, contact the Communications Department at email@example.com.
Sign-up to receive AICR press releases.
From Our 2013 Conference
Phone Counseling Helps Breast Cancer Survivors to Better Health November 8, 2013
Infographic: What You Need To Know About Obesity and Cancer November 8, 2013
Pro-Inflammatory Diet Linked to Earlier Death November 7, 2013
Exercise May Help Breast Cancer Survivors Avoid Fractures, Bone Loss November 7, 2013
The Continuous Update Project: Ongoing Findings on Cancer Prevention November 7, 2013
The Relationship between AICR and the sponsoring organizations of an event or event-related item do not represent exclusive agreements between AICR and the organization, nor do they suggest that AICR endorses the programs, products or services of the organization.
RIGHT TO REFUSE SPONSOR
AICR reserves the right to reject a potential sponsor based on such factors as questionable business practices, those with a mission in conflict with the mission of AICR and those who desire unreasonable influence upon the event.
AICR welcomes sponsors for the 2014 Research Conference:
Benefits for All Sponsors
Partner with AICR to present the nation’s foremost conference on the link between nutrition, physical activity, weight management and cancer. Benefit from exposure to leaders in the scientific and health care communities.
All sponsors will receive the following acknowledgements:
- The opportunity to place a promotion item in the conference tote bag, such as a flyer, pen or magnet (vetted by AICR)
- Acknowledgement as a corporate sponsor on the conference website, printed program and slideshow
- View the Sponsorship Brochure and Sponsorship Descriptions in the documents below for further details on benefits that accompany each sponsorship opporutnity
Would you like to see your company in this list?
Download/View these PDFs:
- 2014 AICR Conference Sponsorship Brochure
- 2014 AICR Conference Sponsorship Descriptions
- 2014 AICR Conference Sponsorship Application (fill out and submit)
For more information on sponsoring the 2014 Research Conference,
please email Colleen Harnisch, or call at 800-843-8114, ext. 3077.