AICR is gearing up for our Annual Research Conference, Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity and Cancer, and it promises to be exciting. The two-day conference, which starts tomorrow, brings together experts in the field of cancer prevention from around the world (29 countries this year) to present the latest research on lifestyle links related to cancer prevention and survivorship.
This year’s presentations focus on several hot topics and emerging areas of study.
Here’s a brief overview of the sessions.
* How issues related to diet and physical activity influences both cancer and aging, which is the number one risk factor for cancer
* How diet, weight and physical activity influence cancer survivorship
* The role of diet in the chronic inflammation that can lead to cancer
* The latest results from ongoing cohort studies involving diet, weight and cancer
* The implications of the obesity crisis on public health cancer prevention efforts
* The emerging science of proteomics – the study of proteins related to cancer development
* The role of gut bacteria (“the microbiome”) in cancer development
Check back here regularly for live updates from the conference. And let us know if you have specific questions or interest in certain topics.