Still looking for holiday gifts for those little loved ones in your life? We have ideas, all health-focused. These gadgets and toys are one way to help kids move more and eat well, habits that can help keep them healthy as adults.
And if you’re looking for health-focused gift ideas for your adult friends and family, we have those too.
1. Hula hoops, lighted or not – This gift is for all ages. You can get one for you and one for your child so you can hoop together!
Look for them in department and sports stores. For a brighter option, here’s a hoop that has multicolor lights.
2. Plate fun- There are lots of creative plates out there that can help little eaters better enjoy those fruits and vegetables. This clear plate comes with picture inserts or you can make your own, and it’s already divided into thirds for easy application of AICR’s New American Plate eating style: filling at least two-thirds of your plate with plant foods.
3. Who can skip the most without stopping? Twister Moves Skip-It turns this basic activity into a game. Put the hoop on one leg and swing. A counter keeps track of your moves to see how long you can go.
4. Fun water bottles – From robots to animals, reusable water bottles like these are easy to pack and can encourage drinking plenty of water.
5. Fold and go trampoline -This mini-trampoline can go indoors or outdoors, and is a great way for kids to safely bounce out their energy and build balance, all while on the move.
6. A microscope – Ever look at an orange peel up close? What about a spinach leaf? For the budding scientist or any curious child – make their first microscope a basic one – like this colorful, talking microscope.
7. Colorful balls for toddlers – No explanation needed, these are simple bright balls, easy to grab, where you can keep your toddler moving and playing.
From coloring cookbooks to wooden vegetables, there’s loads of other kids products that inspire good health. Have one you love? Tell us.