January 15, 2019
Wild Alaska Pollock Rainbow Bowl with Creamy Green Dressing
Sponsored by Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)
Enjoy a creative take on Wild Alaska Pollock and a variety of veggies for a gorgeous, nutrient-packed meal. This unique dish boasts a healthy dose of fiber, vitamin K, the antioxidant vitamin C and omega-3 fats. The creamy green dressing tops off the explosion of color, crunch and rich flavor for a delicious show-stopper dinner.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa (any variety)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- ½ lb. sugar snap peas, sliced in half on the diagonal
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-oz.) Alaska pollock fillets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp. ancho chili powder, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
Dressing: Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: 150 calories, 16 g fat (2.5 g saturated fat), 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 0 g dietary fiber, 75 mg sodium.
Fish and Vegetables: Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 550 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 g carbohydrate, 32 g protein, 12 g dietary fiber, 630 mg sodium.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add quinoa. Stir for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the quinoa pops and sizzles and smells toasty.
- Add broth or water and bring to a boil. Adjust heat to a simmer, cover pot and cook for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the grains are tender. Fluff with a fork and keep warm.
- In a blender, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice, honey, pepper, water and spinach leaves. Purée until smooth. With the blender on, gradually add the oil. Add salt to taste.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add snap peas and cook for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and transfer to a plate. Place tomatoes, radishes, cilantro and avocados on large plate.
- Preheat broiler to high and set an oven rack 4 inches below the broiler. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. (Or use non-stick foil.)
- Place Alaska pollock fillets on baking sheet and brush with oil. Sprinkle with chili powder and pepper, and gently rub spices into fish. Squeeze a wedge of lime over each fillet.
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fish is lightly browned and cooked through. Cover loosely with foil and let fish rest for 5 minutes.
- To assemble, divide quinoa evenly between four bowls. Arrange snap peas, tomatoes, radishes, cilantro and sliced avocado over top. Place Alaska pollock on top and drizzle with dressing. Serve with extra dressing on the side.
*All AICR Health-e-Recipes meet AICR recipe guidelines and are reviewed and analyzed by AICR Registered Dietitians. If you're interested in becoming a corporate sponsor, contact Jodi Street, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org.