August 1, 2017
Creamy Chocolate Date Mousse
By Sonja Goedkoop
Sponsored by Natural Delights Medjool Dates
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this unique chocolate mousse, packed with flavor and some surprising healthy foods: avocado and Medjool dates. Avocado is high in fiber and heart-healthy omega-3 fats while Medjool dates have more fiber, calcium and potassium. Their natural sweetness combined with light and creamy coconut milk blends into the perfect healthy dessert.Photo Credit: Sonja Goedkoop
- 8-10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk, canned + 1/4 cup water
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Makes 4 servings.
Per Serving: 288 calories, 11 g total fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g protein, 7 g fiber, 3 mg sodium.
Prep Time: 15 minutes (+1 hour in fridge)
- Chop the dates into small pieces.
- Add chopped dates, coconut milk, and water into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado, melted chocolate chips, and cocoa powder. Blend again until creamy.
- Pour into four small ramekins or bowls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1-3 hours (or even overnight).
About the author:
Sonja Goedkoop, MSPH, RD, is the lead registered dietitian at Zesty, Inc. She is passionate about helping others improve their health through diet and physical activity and believes eating nutritious food should be easy and taste great. You can follow her on Twitter @SonjaGoedkoopRD.
You May Also Like