Smoothies have many benefits beyond good taste; they can help you eat more fruits and vegetables, the foundation of a cancer-protective diet. Frozen blueberries are the secret to the milkshake-like consistency of this smoothie. Rich in fiber, anthocyanins and ellagic acid, these little fruits are being studied for their ability to inhibit the formation of carcinogens.
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries (do not thaw)
- 1/2 cup 100% orange juice (calcium-fortified preferred)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium frozen banana
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanila extract
- Place blueberries, orange juice, yogurt, banana and vanilla into blender.
- Cover securely and blend for 30 to 35 seconds or until thick and smooth. For thinner smoothies, add more juice; for thicker smoothies, add more frozen fruit.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve immediately.
Don’t have frozen blueberries? Try frozen pineapple, cherries or mango.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.