Your Privacy Rights
- Contact Information
- What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Will AICR disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
- What about "cookies"?
- Other Web Sites
- Online Security
- In Summary
- Your Consent
- Tell Us What You Think
Our postal address is:
American Institute for Cancer Research
PO Box 97167
Washington, DC 20090-7167
We can be reached via email at email@example.com.
Reach us by telephone at 1-800-843-8114.
Our forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and similar information. We do not store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers.
- For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes the consumer's domain name, but not the email address. We collect only the domain name of visitors to our Web page and aggregate information on what pages consumers visit and information volunteered by the consumer - such as survey information and site registrations. The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded. It is used to improve the content of our Web page and is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
- If you supply us with your postal address on-line, it will be used to supply you with the requested information or materials for which it was provided. In addition, AICR may, from time to time, mail you additional information we think may be of interest to you, or may request financial support for the Institute's cancer research and education programs. Should you wish not to be contacted, please let us know by writing to the above address, or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you supply us with your telephone number on-line, you may receive telephone contact from us with information or questions regarding orders you have placed on-line. In addition, AICR may, from time to time, make telephone contact about other issues we think may be of interest to you, or to request financial support for AICR's programs in cancer research and education. Should you wish not to be contacted about such matters, please let us know by writing to the above address, or by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
- If you supply us with your email address on-line, you may receive email communication from us with information or questions regarding orders you have placed on-line. In addition, AICR may, from time to time, make email contact about other issues we think may be of interest to you, or to request financial support for AICR's programs in cancer research and education. Should you wish not to be contacted about such matters, please let us know by writing to the above address, or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AICR.org uses Google Remarketing and Google Analytics tools to support a variety of online advertising programs across Google and third-party vendor websites. This enables AICR to efficiently spread our mission across the internet.
- AICR.org also uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to gather a variety of information about our visitors in the aggregate. This means that we don't collect personally identifiable information but we do collect things like general location and age or sex and online interests of all of our visitors combined. This helps AICR provide resources about our mission in a focused way for our visitors.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to provide additional features on this site. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that, if required. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features in our Web site.
AICR and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to report how ad impressions, third-party audience data, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to site traffic, and to advertise online using Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Analytics Demographics and the Google Display Network. Site visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
aicr.org does not currently sell, trade or rent email addresses to others. We may choose to do so in the future with trustworthy third parties, but you can tell us if you would prefer us not to by sending an email message to email@example.com. (If you use more than one email address to visit this Web site, send this message from each email account you use.) Also, aicr.org may provide aggregate statistics about our visitors, orders received, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will not include any email addresses.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site or e-newsletters, we ask them for the friend's name and email address. The American Institute for Cancer Research will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. The American Institute for Cancer Research stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which the American Institute for Cancer Research has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statement on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
All information provided to the American Institute for Cancer Research is transmitted using SSL (Secure SocketLayer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of the American Institute for Cancer Research. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. Unless there are issues with a particular transaction, AICR does not access the credit card information. If you have any questions about a particular transaction, please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1-800-843-8114.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on this site to make improvements to our Web site and to enhance your Web experience. We do not sell, trade or rent email addresses to others. We may choose to do so in the future with trustworthy third parties, but you can tell us not to by sending an email message to email@example.com
AICR maintains its own mailing list. Occasionally, it rents or exchanges the mailing list with other organizations in order to maintain an active donor file to support AICR services. If you do not want to participate in the program, please let us know by writing to the above address, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the above toll-free number.
AICR welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send an email to email@example.com.