- What is your experience in treating this type of cancer?
- What kinds of treatment do you recommend and why?
- Are clinical trials or investigational agents an option for me?
- What are the chances that the treatment(s) you suggest will be successful?
- How long is treatment, typically?
- What are the side effects of the treatment?
- How do you determine if symptoms I am experiencing are normal or adverse responses to the medications or other treatment?
- What will my quality of life be during and after treatment?
- Who is available for medical questions when you are not?
- Is a nurse or other health care professional available to deal with phone inquiries?
- What is the schedule for follow-up and post-treatment?
- When do you generally return phone calls?
- What is the cost of treatment and is it covered by my health plan?
Print out this PDF version to take with you to your appointment.
Published on 2012-05-18 15:05:58.0