- What is your experience in treating this type of cancer?
- What kinds of treatment do you recommend and why?
- Are clinical trials or investigational agents an option for me?
- What are the chances that the treatment(s) you suggest will be successful?
- How long is treatment, typically?
- What are the side effects of the treatment?
- How do you determine if symptoms I am experiencing are normal or adverse responses to the medications or other treatment?
- What will my quality of life be during and after treatment?
- Who is available for medical questions when you are not?
- Is a nurse or other health care professional available to deal with phone inquiries?
- What is the schedule for follow-up and post-treatment?
- When do you generally return phone calls?
- What is the cost of treatment and is it covered by my health plan?
Print out this PDF version to take with you to your appointment.
Published on May 18, 2012