LOOK FORWARD WITH HOPE
Today your chances of recovering from prostate cancer and returning to a full and active life have never been better.
Over the past 25 years, the 5-year survival rate for all stages of prostate cancer combined has increased from 68% to nearly 100%.
Throughout your treatment you will face many everyday questions. And because there is evidence that obesity increases prostate cancer mortality, maintaining a healthy weight once treatment is over will be more important than ever.
AICR can help.
AICR’s CancerResource: A Program for Those Living with Cancer is a free kit of information specifically for the newly diagnosed cancer patient.
See below for selections from AICR's CancerResource. Or read the complete CancerResource flipping book online.
- Questions to Ask Your Oncologist About Your Treatment Worksheet
- Questions to Ask About Nutrition During Treatment
- Evidence-based advice on managing nutrition-related side effects of treatment
- Staying active during treatment
- AICR’s Recommendations for Cancer Prevention
- Healthy or Harmful? Frequently Asked Questions about Life After Cancer
More AICR Materials for Prostate Cancer Survivors
In-depth brochures on cancer survivorship; read online or order a free copy.
Published on June 11, 2013