The New American Plate – Eating for a Healthy Weight and a Healthy Life
El Nuevo Plato Americano: Comer Para Mantener un Peso Saludable y una Vida Saludable - Hogar y Fuera de Casa
Presented by: Debra Flores, Certified Community Health Worker, Texas Tech
At the end of the CPE program, the learner should be able to:
- Indicate the relationship between nutrition, physical activity, weight management, and cancer risk.
- Recognize cancer prevention guidelines.
- Identify appropriate portion sizes.
- Specify healthy food substitutions.
- Indicate how to transition to the New American Plate.
This curriculum has been reviewed by the Texas Department of State Health Services and approved as 2 hours training for community health workers or promotores.
This slide show with audio recording discusses how, using the New American Plate model, you can help clients make changes in their diet for a healthier weight and to reduce risk for cancer and other chronic diseases, like diabetes.