AICR Introduces CancerResource: Living With Cancer
For years, AICR has offered newly diagnosed cancer patients and their families a free information kit with answers to many of the questions they face. Now, with the help of leading clinicians, oncology nurses and dietitians, AICR has completely revamped its CancerResource information kit to offer even more up-to-date, evidence-based information on managing diet and activity during treatment, and after.
“AICR’s new CancerResource focuses on the questions that patients tell us they have a hard time finding answers to,” said Alice Bender, AICR’s registered dietitian. “There’s been a lot of new research on diet and exercise during treatment in the past few years, for example, and CancerResource translates those encouraging findings into useful tips.
AICR’s new, full-color, 44-page CancerResource kit includes:
- The very latest evidence-based advice on navigating cancer’s challenges during and after treatment
- A guide to understanding your diagnosis
- Practical tips on nutrition and physical activity that can help make treatment easier to tolerate
- Up-to-the-minute advice on dealing with diet-related side effects and how to stay active during and after treatment
- Worksheets of questions to ask your health practitioner, oncologist and other healthcare workers about your treatment
- Answers to frequently asked questions about “hot topics” like soy, sugar, dietary supplements and more
- A list of useful resources and a glossary of cancer terms to help patients and survivors take an informed and active role in their health
A “Must-Read Guide” for Both Health Professionals and Patients
Dr. Lee W. Jones, of the Duke Center for Cancer Survivorship, served on the AICR CancerResource Advisory Committee. “This booklet is a comprehensive ‘must-read’ guide that provides invaluable information to oncology professionals, patients and their families to help patients cope and recover from a cancer diagnosis,” he says.
Read selections from CancerResource on the AICR website, or read CancerResource in full as an online flipbook.
To have a single free copy mailed to you, call 1-800-843-8114, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Published on 10/25/2012