Take Action on World Cancer Day
Monday, February 4 marks World Cancer Day, a global awareness event. This year, the event is focused on dispelling myths and misconceptions about cancer. Did you know, many people still believe that cancer is just bad luck. The truth is, about 400,000 cancer cases in the US could be prevented every year if we all ate healthier diets, moved more and stayed lean.
Here’s what you can do to mark World Cancer Day and spread the message that many cancers can be prevented.
- LIKE our Facebook page and share our posts with your friends.
- ADD one healthy habit to your daily routine:
- Eat an extra serving of vegetables
- Get active for 30 minutes
- Cut your alcohol consumption
- Swap out one dessert for a piece of fruit
- SHARE your healthy habit on our facebook page and see what healthy changes others are making.
Go one step farther:
Published on February 1, 2013