Men’s Health Quiz
June 11 – 17 is Men’s Health Week. This week helps promote awareness about preventable health problems. Take our Men’s Health quiz and test your knowledge today!
1. More men die from which of the following cancers more than any other type of cancer:
2. True or False: If every American ate a healthy diet, engaged in physical activity at least 30 minutes every day and stayed lean, we could prevent about 65,000 cases of colorectal cancer every year.
3. True or False: Men should eat about 2.5 cups of fruit and about 3-4 cups of vegetables every day.
- Correct answer: C lung. According to the Centers for Disease and Control, more men in the United States die from lung cancer than any other type of cancer. In 2008, over 110,000 men were diagnosed with lung cancer and over 88,000 men died from the disease. About 90% of lung cancer deaths in men in the U.S. are due to smoking. The most important thing a man can do to prevent lung cancer is to not start smoking, or to quit if he currently smokes.
- True. And deaths from colorectal cancer could be cut by as much as 60% if all people aged 50 years or older followed screening guidelines for this cancer.
- True. Depending on age and level of physical activity, men should eat between 2 to 2.5 cups of fruit and 2.5 to 4 cups of vegetables every day.