AICR Research Conference
AICR Annual Research Conference
The Annual Research Conference is a unique forum that brings together researchers and clinicians for a two-day program that is dedicated to increasing knowledge, stimulating research and promoting prevention and treatment of cancer through nutrition, physical activity and weight management.
Thank you for attending the 2013 AICR Annual Research Conference on Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity and Cancer.
Visit the 2013 Conference Archives to view highlights from the conference.
Don't forget to sign up for updates.
Program and Posters
AICR is honored that the following individuals served on the 2013 Scientific Program Committee:
John W. Erdman, Jr., PhD (Chair)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Wendy Demark-Wahnefried, PhD, RD
UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center
Richard L. Eckert, PhD
University of Maryland School of Medicine
James C. Fleet PhD
|Susan M. Higginbotham, PhD, RD||American Institute for Cancer Research|
John A. Milner, PhD
USDA Beltsville Human Nutrition Center
Cheryl L. Rock, PhD, RD
University of California, San Diego
June Stevens, MS, PhD
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Can Food Processing Enhance Cancer Protection?
- Transgenerational Effects of Diet: Implications for Cancer Prevention
- Nutrition, Exercise, and Bone Health in Cancer Survivorship
- Systematic Review of Preclinical and Mechanistic Human Studies – Opportunities and Challenges
- Cancer Research in Social Media: A Wake-Up Call
- Epigenetic Regulation – MicroRNAs, Diet and Cancer Prevention
- The Food Environment and Food Policy: Implications for Cancer Risk
- How Does Obesity Contribute to Cancer Risk?
Chairs and Speakers
View Photos and Biographies
Learn more about the 2013 conference chairs and speakers by viewing their photos and biographies.
To view speaker biographies and presentations from our past conferences, please visit our conference archives:
Thank you to the 2013 AICR Research Conference attendees.
Certificate of Attendance
A certificate of attendance will be available on request for all registered participants.
Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of The Obesity Society and the American Institute for Cancer Research. The Obesity Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Continuing Professional Education
This activity has been approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration for 14.5 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Continuing Professional Education (CPE) units.
The Relationship between AICR and the sponsoring organizations of an event or event-related item do not represent exclusive agreements between AICR and the organization, nor do they suggest that AICR endorses the programs, products or services of the organization.
RIGHT TO REFUSE SPONSOR
AICR reserves the right to reject a potential sponsor based on such factors as questionable business practices, those with a mission in conflict with the mission of AICR and those who desire unreasonable influence upon the event.
Thank you to AICR's 2013 Research Conference Sponsors:
Would you like to see your company in this list?
- 2013 AICR Conference Sponsorship Information Brochure
- 2013 AICR Conference Sponsorship Application (download and fill out)
For more information on sponsoring the 2013 Research Conference,
please email Colleen Harnisch, or call at 800-843-8114, ext. 3077.
Benefits for All Sponsors
Partner with AICR to present the nation’s foremost conference on the link between nutrition, physical activity, weight management and cancer. Benefit from exposure to leaders in the scientific and health care communities.
All sponsors will receive the following acknowledgements:
- The opportunity to place a promotion item in the conference tote bag, such as a flyer, pen or magnet (vetted by AICR)
- Acknowledgement as a corporate sponsor on the conference website, printed program and slideshow.